Monday, March 1, 2010

Continued Healing

Theme for the week: Inner healing and responding to his call
Grace for today: To receive Jesus' healing and compassionate love, and to be healed where He sees I need healing.
Scripture reading: Luke 5:15-26

"Lord Jesus, heal me. Thank you for forgiving all my sins. Heal me, Jesus, at the roots of my sins. Heal me interiorly so that I can come closer to you. Heal my heart, my mind, my soul, my body. Come, Lord Jesus" -- from "Lord Jesus, Teach Me To Pray", p. 37

If painful memories or negative emotions connected with past hurts come to the surface today or during the week, this is a sign that the Lord wants to heal those memories, those emotions, those hurts. Give these painful thoughts and feelings to Jesus to heal. So that He can change the meaning of the memories by healing the hurts in them. Stay where you find fruit. If your prayer is fruitful, if it unites you more closely with the Lord, stay there: stay with the scripture reading and stay with the memory until the grace lifts.

No comments:

Novena to the Holy Spirit

"Wait for the promise of the Father...you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you." Acts 1:5,6

Come Holy Spirit, fill the hearts of your faithful and enkindle in them the fire of your love. Send forth your Spirit, and they shall be created, and you shall renew the face of the earth.

Let us pray.

O, God, who by the light of the Holy Spirit, did instruct the hearts of the faithful, grant that by the same Holy Spirit we may be truly wise and ever enjoy His consolations. Through Christ our Lord. Amen.