Monday, October 31, 2011

Come, Let Us Go Up...

Spend a little time reading in Isaiah. Ponder the promises of the Lord and the call to go up -- to his house of prayer....

"Come, let us go up to the mountain of the Lord, to the house of the God of Jacob. He will teach us his ways, so that we may walk in his paths." Is.2:3

"But now listen, O Jacob, my servant, Israel, whom I have chosen. This is what the Lord Says --he who made you, who formed you in the womb and who will help you: Do not be afraid, O Jacob, my servant...I will pour water on the thirsty land, and streams on the dry ground; I will pour my Spirit on your offspring, and my blessings on your descendants." Is 44:1-3

"Listen to me, O house of Jacob,...I am he who will sustain you. I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I will rescue you." Is 46:3-4

"Come near and listen to this: "From the first announcement I have not spoken in secret; at the time it happens, I am there." And now the Sovereign Lord has sent me, with his Spirit." Is 48:16

"In a surge of anger I hid my face from you for a moment, but with everlasting kindness I will have compassion on you, says the Lord, your Redeemer." Is. 54:5

"Come, all you who are thirsty, come tot he waters..." Is 55:1

For this is what the Lord says:...to them I will give within my temple and its walls a memorial and a name better than sons and daughters; I will give them an everlasting name that will not be cut off. ...these I will bring to my holy mountain and give them joy in my house of prayer...for my house will be called a house of prayer for all nations." Is 56:4-8

No comments:

Novena to the Holy Spirit

"Wait for the promise of the Father...you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you." Acts 1:5,6

Come Holy Spirit, fill the hearts of your faithful and enkindle in them the fire of your love. Send forth your Spirit, and they shall be created, and you shall renew the face of the earth.

Let us pray.

O, God, who by the light of the Holy Spirit, did instruct the hearts of the faithful, grant that by the same Holy Spirit we may be truly wise and ever enjoy His consolations. Through Christ our Lord. Amen.