Thursday, April 15, 2010

Total Surrender

Grace: Total surrender
Scripture: John 3:31-36

"Surrender, then, all things to God and in him you shall find all things more abundantly. So shall you rid yourself once and for all of that wretched retrospection, fear, perturbation, and anxiety: all the torments...to which those calculating souls are condemned who would love God only out of love for themselves and who seek their salvation and perfection less to please God and to glorify him than to serve their own interest and eternal welfare.
...The noble words Jesus Christ has addressed to various saintly souls are relevant here:'...Think of me and I will think of you: make my glory your concern and leave me to make your welfare and eternal happiness my concern.'" --Father Jean-Pierre de Caussade, SJ (from Magnificat, April 2010 p. 162-3)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Think of me and I will think of you: make my glory your concern and leave me to make your welfare and eternal happiness my concern.'"

Is this quote from scripture? If so, where is it?

Thank you

Tesa said...

No, it isn't in Scripture. It is part of the quote from Jean Pierre de Caussade (a Jesuit from the 18th century). He is quoting from what the Lord spoke in private revelation to someone. He just refers to "several saintly souls" he doesn't really tell where the quote comes from.

Anonymous said...

Hi! I found your site looking for an article from Father Jean-Pierre de Caussade. Thank you for a great website! I have one suggestion though - could the "healing the family tree" prayer on the left be removed? Please see: http://www.ad2000.com.au/articles/2003/feb2003p12_1239.html

Novena to the Holy Spirit

"Wait for the promise of the Father...you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you." Acts 1:5,6

Come Holy Spirit, fill the hearts of your faithful and enkindle in them the fire of your love. Send forth your Spirit, and they shall be created, and you shall renew the face of the earth.

Let us pray.

O, God, who by the light of the Holy Spirit, did instruct the hearts of the faithful, grant that by the same Holy Spirit we may be truly wise and ever enjoy His consolations. Through Christ our Lord. Amen.