Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Truth

Grace: To allow the Spirit to lead me to all Truth
Scripture: John 16: 12-15

"Words had no effect on the apostles until they received the gifts. For when Jesus himself came and stood before them, he convinced them not so much by showing them his body as by breathing on them his Gift." --Blessed Guerric of Igny, quoted in Magnificat, May 2010, p. 156

Breathe in me, Holy Spirit, that all my thoughts may be holy;
Act in me Holy Spirit, that my work may also be holy;
Fill my heart, Holy Spirit, that I may love only what is holy;
Strengthen me, Holy Spirit, ever to defend what is holy;
Guard me always, Holy Spirit, that I may ever remain holy;
Preserve me, Holy Spirit, that my body may remain your dwelling;
In my last hour call me, Holy Spirit, to enjoy the holiness of heaven.
--Holy Spirit prayer by St. Augustine

No comments:

Novena to the Holy Spirit

"Wait for the promise of the Father...you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you." Acts 1:5,6

Come Holy Spirit, fill the hearts of your faithful and enkindle in them the fire of your love. Send forth your Spirit, and they shall be created, and you shall renew the face of the earth.

Let us pray.

O, God, who by the light of the Holy Spirit, did instruct the hearts of the faithful, grant that by the same Holy Spirit we may be truly wise and ever enjoy His consolations. Through Christ our Lord. Amen.