Thursday, October 7, 2010

Our Lady of the Rosary

"The Hail Mary, continuously repeated, should express the attitude of a soul who is striving to approach the Blessed Virgin, hastening toward her in order to be captivated by her and given insight into the divine mysteries. 'Ave Maria!' the lips say, and the heart murmurs: 'Teach me, O Mary, to know and love Jesus as you knew and loved Him.' Saying the Rosary in this way requires recollection."

"O, Mary, since you love me, make me resemble you. You have all power to change hearts: take my heart, then, and transform it. Make me a saint... O Mary, you who are the holiest of all creatures, make me holy. You lack neither love nor power; you can and you will obtain everything for me." St. Alphonsus

--from Divine Intimacy, pp.1156-7

No comments:

Novena to the Holy Spirit

"Wait for the promise of the Father...you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you." Acts 1:5,6

Come Holy Spirit, fill the hearts of your faithful and enkindle in them the fire of your love. Send forth your Spirit, and they shall be created, and you shall renew the face of the earth.

Let us pray.

O, God, who by the light of the Holy Spirit, did instruct the hearts of the faithful, grant that by the same Holy Spirit we may be truly wise and ever enjoy His consolations. Through Christ our Lord. Amen.