Friday, September 16, 2011

Hope

"Hope is part of the armor of God which we are to put on in order to stand against the attacks of the enemy. 'Having put on the breastplate of faith and love, and as a helmet, the hope of salvation.' (IThess. 5:8) The helmet of hope is the protection God has provided for our head, our mind and our thoughts. As we look faithfully at the vision God has placed in our hearts, hope bubbles up and becomes the defense our minds need in spiritual warfare.

"Hope is the by-product of being with Christ. Eph 2:12 says that to be separate from Christ is to be 'without hope and without God in this world.' When I forget to bring Christ into my considerations and calculations, I am without hope. When I do not see Christ in my life and circumstances, I have no hope. But when I am united to Christ, when I see Him working all things after the counsel of His will, when I see Him ruling and reigning in my life, hope is the stimulus that keeps me going."
---from "Counseled by God", by Mark and Patti Virkler

No comments:

Novena to the Holy Spirit

"Wait for the promise of the Father...you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you." Acts 1:5,6

Come Holy Spirit, fill the hearts of your faithful and enkindle in them the fire of your love. Send forth your Spirit, and they shall be created, and you shall renew the face of the earth.

Let us pray.

O, God, who by the light of the Holy Spirit, did instruct the hearts of the faithful, grant that by the same Holy Spirit we may be truly wise and ever enjoy His consolations. Through Christ our Lord. Amen.