Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Micah 7:7-8

During the battle they called on God, and he heard them because they had put their trust in him. (1 Chr 5:20)

"Lenten self-awareness can bring with it a temptation to give up before we have even begun the season in earnest. We may seem to have failed so badly, year after year, to grow in the love to which we are commanded. To abandon the struggle is to yield to the "enemy," the evil that urges us to give in because we know ourselves to be weak. The message of Lent is that God's merciful love is stronger than all that urges us to settle for the least we can be."  Magnificat pg 380

As for me, I will look to the Lord, I will put my trust in God my savior; my God will hear me!
Rejoice not over me, O my enemy! though I have fallen, I will arise; though I sit in darkness, the Lord is my light.  Micah 7:7-8

No comments:

Novena to the Holy Spirit

"Wait for the promise of the Father...you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you." Acts 1:5,6

Come Holy Spirit, fill the hearts of your faithful and enkindle in them the fire of your love. Send forth your Spirit, and they shall be created, and you shall renew the face of the earth.

Let us pray.

O, God, who by the light of the Holy Spirit, did instruct the hearts of the faithful, grant that by the same Holy Spirit we may be truly wise and ever enjoy His consolations. Through Christ our Lord. Amen.