Monday, April 2, 2012

Scripture for Sinners

I am impatient: Ask and you will receive, seek and you will find, knock and it shall be opened to you (Lk 11:9).

I am harsh, unkind: Blessed are the merciful for they shall find mercy (Mt 5:7).

I am envious: Do not lay up treasures on earth where rust and moth consume and thieves break in to steal, but lay up for yourselves treasure in heaven...for where your treasure is, there also will your heart be (Mt 6:19-21).

I am self-seeking: Come to me all you who labor and are heavily burdened and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me for I am meek and humble of heart and you will find rest for your souls (Mt 11:28-29).

I am judgmental: Whoever receives one such little child for my sake, receives me (Lk 9:48).

 I am despondent, discouraged: Take heart for I have overcome the world (Jn 16:33).

I am impure: Behold I stand at the door and knock and if anyone hears and opens to me I will come in and sup with him and he with me (Rev 3:20-21).

I am selfish: He who loves his life loses it and he who hates his life in this world, keeps it unto life ever-lasting. If anyone serves me, let him follow me (Jn 12:25-26).

I am slothful: He who abides in me, bears much fruit (Jn 15:5).

I am anxious: Let your heart not be troubled. You believe in God, believe also in me (Jn 14:1).

I am proud: If anyone wishes to come after me, let him deny himself, take up his cross daily, and follow me. For he who would save his life will lose it, but he who loses his life for my sake will save it (Lk 9:23-25).
 by Fr. Bob Pelton, taken from Restoration, March 2012.

No comments:

Novena to the Holy Spirit

"Wait for the promise of the Father...you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you." Acts 1:5,6

Come Holy Spirit, fill the hearts of your faithful and enkindle in them the fire of your love. Send forth your Spirit, and they shall be created, and you shall renew the face of the earth.

Let us pray.

O, God, who by the light of the Holy Spirit, did instruct the hearts of the faithful, grant that by the same Holy Spirit we may be truly wise and ever enjoy His consolations. Through Christ our Lord. Amen.